I read Love in the Time of Cholera a long time ago and it didn’t really gel with me, but I thought I’d give it another go and treated myself to this nice edition (I’m liking it a lot more this time but I think I still prefer One Hundred Years of Solitude…).
My favourite read this year. So good, I’m gonna read it again :)
Handwritten by whitepaperquotes contributor Jenny
Library Book Haul!
- The Protected by Claire Zorn - I’ve not read The Sky So Heavy yet but this one tempted me.
- Nana Vol. 6 by Ai Yazawa - I love this manga.
- One Piece Vol. 1 by Eiichero Oda - My brother loves this anime and you guys have recommended this manga a lot, so I thought I’d finally give it a go.
- Something Real by Heather Demetrios - This is a recent-ish release and it sounds really cool.
- Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil - I got this because I adored The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl. I’ve already started this one and it’s awesome.
- Boxers & Saints by Gene Luen Yang - I’ve been wanting to read these for so long and my library had both, so I had to.
- Pivot Point and Split Second by Kasie West - Thank you sparkylovesbooks for recommending this series! I’ve heard great things about it and I’m hoping they’ll be quick, fun reads.
- (Not pictured) Dogsbody by Diana Wynne Jones as recommended by sentencesandmoments
The Hunger Games Alphabet
I’m compiling everything in a single post for convenient viewing :-D And I added Peeta!
(There are really no X, Y, and Z because I can’t think of any THG-related words to go with those letters)
I’m shelving books in my mini library and Max is just sat here like, what is this strange human doing?
Virginia Woolf, Night and Day